”And I will send grass in thy fields for thy cattle,
that thou mayest eat and be full.” – Deuteronomy 11:15
RCC provides 100% grassfed beef raised in New York State. It
goes without saying that no artificial hormones, soy or
animal-based feeds, or feed-grade antibiotics are used. Cattle
eat only green grass, hay and vitamin/mineral supplements.
They are only treated with medications if they become sick,
and FDA withdrawal times are strictly followed for any medicine administered. If you have any questions about the way these cattle are raised, we will be happy to explain.
Why choose grassfed?
• For maximum health benefits, your body requires omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids
in a ratio of 1:1. In 100% grassfed meat, this exact ratio or close to it can be found.
In grain-fed meat, the ratio can be as unbalanced as 17:1. This is because grassfed
meats are much higher in omega-3 fatty acids.
• Grassfed beef is higher in B-vitamins, beta-carotene, vitamins E and K, enzymes and
cofactors, and minerals such as magnesium, calcium and selenium.
• CLA (conjugated linoleic acid), a cancer-fighting compound, is found in higher amounts in grassfed animal products.
• As soon as an animal begins eating grain, the levels of the above nutrients begin to decline. They cannot be restored, even if grain feeding stops.
• The digestive tract of the cow has evolved over millions of years for the purpose of digesting grass, not grain. Cattle are ruminants, meaning that their four-compartmented stomachs contain microorganisms for fermentation. These microbes break down the cellulose and fiber in grasses and plants. Feeding cattle grain can throw off the function of this fermentation system because it doesn’t occur naturally.
• Cattle on pasture eat a full spectrum of grasses, legumes, weeds and leaves. These plants provide a complete range of nutrients, which are passed on to you in the meat. Grain-based rations may be lacking in needed vitamins and minerals, especially in biologically usable forms.
(from Nourishing Traditions, Revised 2nd Edition, by Sally Fallon and Mary Enig, Ph.D.)
Grass Fed Beef For Sale
Beef Eaters, follow the link below for recipes and cooking tips!
”And I will send grass in thy fields for thy cattle, that thou mayest eat and be full.” – Deuteronomy 11:15
Rhinestone Cattle Company Site Design | Carousel Design